Monday, October 10, 2011

#5: these ARE in my closet!!

UGG Lynnea :)
So I know these are not a low budget item, but I had to post to their greatness. The Ugg that doesn't look like the normal Ugg, Ugg.  And I am so incredibly lucky to say that they are in my closet.  No... unfortunately I could not afford these, they were an extremely generous birthday gift from my dear mother. Mine are the leather version on the right. They also roll up to expose just black soft smooth leather.  I wear them with everything... dresses, leggings, and denim.  I am a firm believer in a good boot investment.  My other pair of Uggs, the normal looking kind, have lasted me 8 years now! And I am still wearing them!! So yes.. quality does last, and it ends up being more budget friendly over time.
Those that know me well, know that I'm a bit obsessed with boots...so you will see several on here. Just sayin :)
Below are the boots/boot styles that I have been obsessing over for a year now since I saw a great, "fall uniform" how to, from my all time favorite website/blog of Gwyneth Paltrow, GOOP.  I visit there often to get inspiration for myself from my all time favorite gal.  I even have a little confession... when I go shopping and I find something that I can't decide between, I ask myself the Gwyneth motto I've made for myself... "would Gwyneth wear it?!" and that always answers my question on the piece.  It's also helped me really define my style and hone in on a more lean closet.  Think about who your icon is and try it... its been one of my greatest tools!  Anyhow, I'm obsessed in English Equestrian riding boots.  I bid on some fantastic one's on ebay, but (it was my first time using the great website) lost (due to forgetfulness that I needed to re-check my bid.  So sad.)  But I will find my pair one day.  The pictures below are some that I deem, "really nice" and Gwyneth approved.  Gotta love boots!


Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image

Au revoir.

1 comment:

  1. Boots are a must for fall and winter in the Northwest! I have a pair of Frye's that have lasted me over 6 years now, so I totally agree boots are worth the investment. :) I love that you ask yourself the Gwyneth question before purchasing something. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete